Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lil' Inker Designs March Release Blog Hop {Day 2}

This is my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Take Two Week {Day 2} post, please CLICK HERE or scroll down.

Welcome to {Day 2} of the Lil' Inker Designs March Release Blog Hop! If you've arrived from Laura's blog, you are on the right track. I hope you hopped along with the design team yesterday when the new sets were revealed with loads of amazing inspiration. If you missed it, you can go back and hop. The more you hop this week, the better your chances of winning a $10 gift certificate to the Lil' Inker Store or Funny Bunnies which will be showcased on Wednesday and Thursday!

I love coffee (and tea) as well as cityscapes and I thought it would so cool to create a building out of the coffee cup to symbolize how many of us need that cup of coffee in the morning as we head off to work (whether it's at home or elsewhere). Indeed, life begins after coffee! A couple of clouds die cut from the same patterned paper collection completes the scene.

Clicking on the following graphics will take you to the Lil' Inker Store where you can purchase these stamps and dies today! :)

Thanks for stopping by today! I will see you again tomorrow with a project using Funny Bunnies. Now head on over to Teresa Kline's blog for more inspiration!

Sources: SU Natural White cardstock; Basic Grey Wander Collection; Lil' Inker Designs Coffee Cozies & Rainbows & Clouds; Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous World Map; Paper Smooches Hot Concoctions; Tim Holtz for Ranger Rusty Hinge, Tumbled Glass & Walnut Stain; Memories black ink; My Favorite Things skyline border

40 comments:

Romaine said...

What a fun incorporation of the cup into the cityscape- brilliant!

Angeline Choo said...

Wow this is ingenious !

Glenda J said...

Fabulous! Love the skyline! Great work.

Cornelie said...

Great card! Nice tekst. Love it!

Jessi Fogan said...

now that's exactly right...just finished my first cup and about to head back for the second ;) I love how you incorporated this Wander paper (oh, I loved that paper to bits!) The stripes make a perfect 'road', and I love the trams up in the cloud!

Jen W. said...

You always rock that paper collection! Such an awesome design!

Marie said...

Such great card! Fun with the cityscape on the cup =) TFS!

Angela said...

Since I'm currently clutching my coffee mug with a death grip, I think that sentiment fits me pretty well. ;)

Love the patterned paper mix here -- and the huge coffee cup is so fun.

Pat said...

Love the fun and out of the box coffee cup! The sentiment is perfect :)

Laura Pryor said...

Em, this is truly genius! I'm a little speechless. I jut love how you've made a buzzing little cityscape AND incorporated cofee. It totally works and it's the coolest concept!! Seriously great!!
~Laura

Lisa H. said...

your work always amazes me....so clean and creative and FABULOUS. love what you did with this.

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

Great idea, love the cityscape!

~amy~ said...

THUD...soooo cute...I'm putting that fun coffee set on my wish list!

missstamper said...

Amazing! I love what you did with this card. The cityscape background in gorgeous!

missstamper@yahoo.com

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Absolutely LOVE this one... I think your white on white CAS cards are always fabulous, but when you dip into your patterened paper stash I'm always in awe. You know I didn't "need" any more coffee sets...

Patty B said...

Really cool card! It is truly a piece of artwork with the city scape and the same theme on the cup.

cassie said...

I love that! What a cute stamp set- I'm drinking my coffee right now!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

Wow! Your card is amazing!!!
I love it:)

Sarah said...

Love the cityscape and coffee combo!

Miriam Prantner said...

This card is so neat! I love how urban and graphic it is! I could totally see this on the side of a bus in a big city. Great job!

Jen Carter said...

What a fun take on this set! I love how your creative mind works! So fun!

Anita Rex said...

It's true life does begin after coffee!!!!! :> Love how you combined this coffee theme with your favorite city theme! :> I always think of you when I see city themed scrap things!

Lindsey said...

This is such a you card -- well, the you that has completely embraced patterned paper! The mix of so many cool papers is awesome.

Sue D said...

Wow--such a cool concept for a card!

Jennifer said...

LOVE this, Emily!!! LOVE how creative you are!!! (=

Annette Allen said...

fun card...love the city scene...

Lynne in NI said...

Fabulous! I LOVE your coffee sky scraper!

littlen said...

great stamp & die set. wonderful card. tfs. i'm a follower.
littlen44 at gmail dot com

canadian_liner said...

One of your most inspired designs! (and they're all so good). Love the cityscape on the cup...

btenn said...

Great card! I love it!

Ravengirl said...

This is so very cool! It truly captures how I feel before coffee!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Again--AMAZING:) LOVE!

Christine said...

My life certainly does begin after coffee! Your creativity is just amazing! Love this card.

Lisa Arana said...

I have to tell you, that giant cup of coffee makes me really happy! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful cup of distressed vintage-y coffee!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, wauw! If I had a cuppa like that, I would surely NEVER throw it away!!! Love it!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Kary said...

Totally cute card, Emily!! Love the fab scene. Great layout!!

Lisa said...

You have created such a fab effect here! LOVE the city design IN the coffee cup- it really looks like a little piece of art, not a card!!
Fantastic!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow love what you did with this card....so unique!

Brenda said...

Simply stunning Emily! Love those buildings in the background! Wonderfully creative as always!