Monday, May 25, 2020

Club Sursee by Catherine Pooler Designs | May 2020 | Part 1 of 4


I had so much fun with the May 2020 Deluxe Club Sursee so you're in for a treat since I made four inspiration cards! This month's theme is peaches. Mmmm, who doesn't love peaches? The only other fruit I love more is cherries. Once I started creating with this collection, I couldn't stop so I'll have three more posts for you this week. We all need some cheery cards in our lives right now and the theme of this collection is perfect for the continuing stay-at-home order.


How scrumptious are these peaches? I used the Just Peachy stamp set and coordinating dies for this card. As always, I stamped way more images than I needed so I would have extras which make it easy to make more cards. I used the rock and roll technique with Tutti Frutti, Orange Twist and Tiki Torch to get the ombre effect on the peaches. There's also a crosshatch pattern you can stamp on the peaches, leaves and flowers.  It adds a modern touch to these beautiful images.


Those little blossoms are the cutest and I picked Mint To Be and Aquatini since they complemented the orange colours well and I wanted to keep the same colour theme for the three other cards. The leaves were stamped with Garden Party and Lime Rickey. After I determined a layout for the images, I stamped the dotted pattern in Tiara before adhering the images using both glue dots and foam tape.


To finish, I stamped the sentiment in Aquatini and dot clusters in Mint To Be. Then I rounded the bottom righthand corner of the card to provided balance in the white space. Please note that all of the incredible Catherine Pooler inks are also available at Ellen Hutson and Scrapbook.com.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

These peaches do look good enough to eat! The colours are gorgeous, and the cross-hatching adds such a cool touch. Love the colours you picked to complement them, too.