Thursday, July 23, 2020

Catherine Pooler Designs | One Plus One Collection


Did you shop the Catherine Pooler One Plus One Collection? I'd love to know what your favourite products were! I have too many to name but I did fall in love with His and Hers, Oh, Baby and the Nested Stitched Heart Dies the moment I saw them. The panda from Oh, Baby was what really won my heart (because I'm crazy for pandas) so I'm very excited to share this card set with you! Believe it or not, I started this card with the intention of making a simple Warhol-style square card with four different shades of pandas (in greens, of course, to draw in the bamboo element).


I ended up wanting to add too many elements, including accessories and the Nested Stitched Heart Dies which made the images too big for the card base itself. So a new design was born and since I had four pandas, I ended up making a whole set which I absolutely adore and can't wait to send them out to friends. I mixed Melon IceGarden Party, Mint To Be and Seafoam on each card. Over Coffee is the common ink colour in all three cards and I did a lot of ink blending on the hearts and dry embossed word from Good Things Mini Cover Plate Dies, which was masked and carefully sponged. I did this after stamping the rest of the sentiment from Be the Good Sentiments and I love the cool effect!


These pandas love their matcha lattes (LOL!), and their takeout cups are from Life, Love, Latte. The cute little paws are from Peeking Pets. I was so excited that these two elements worked so perfectly with the cute little pandas and Oh, Baby, in general! I hope you enjoyed today's inspiration. I've included the supply links for this card set below, as well as links to purchase the bundles and entire One Plus One Collection.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:



3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super cute!!!!

Lindsey said...

You and pandas, really? :D I totally love the sentiment technique, as well as these cards!

Lindsey said...

Your original idea would have been great, but I can’t imagine loving it more than these! And now 4 people get to receive the cutest happy mail, so that’s an even bigger win.