Tuesday, October 13, 2020

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Merry Millie + Stencil Strips - Holiday (Free with $100 Purchase)


Hello, crafty friends! I'm back with a video for Taylored Expressions and this time I'm featuring the Stencil Strips - Holiday freebie promo with the adorable Merry Millie stamp set and coordinating dies from the latest holiday release.


You can get six stencil strips free with any $100 purchase! These are so much fun to use and I have lots of tips and tricks to share with you in this video.


I made two holiday cards using three of the Stencil Strips - Holiday, combining them with other Taylored Expressions masking stencils and blender brushes. First, I stamped the images with Oreo ink, then coloured them with Copic markers and all of the colours I used are listed in the supply links below. I die cut them and set them aside while I created the backgrounds.


On this first card, I used the 'Joy' word stencil and the polka dot stencil with the Masking Stencil - Rectangles and Clouds Stencil Strips. I used Salt Water Taffy, Confetti Cake and Cookie Monster inks to create an ombre effect with the 'Joy' stencil. Then I created a light snowfall and snow hills with Sea Salt ink.


I stamped the sentiment on an angle to follow the stencilled 'Joy' words and attached the Sugar Cube panel to a Watermelon card base. To finish, I popped the images on to the stencilled panel with Foam Sticky Circles. I just love this adorable image of Millie trying to hang too many ornaments on her reindeer friend's antlers!


For this second card, I created the window using the four-square from Masking Stencils - Square Windows and ink blended with Salt Water TaffyConfetti Cake and Cookie Monster, using the darkest colour at the top right.


To create the ombre forest of trees in the snowy field outside, I used the evergreen trees from the Stencil Strips - Holiday freebies with Lime Zest, Peapod and Cilantro, with the darkest shade at the bottom of the window. To finish, I used neutral gray Copic markers to create shadows for Millie and Santa, and adhered the panel on a Cookie Monster card base. 

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies:

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Both of these cards are adorable! So much interest while still remaining CAS, I love them!