Monday, October 12, 2020

Essentials by Ellen | Thanksgiving Trio


Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and family! Even without the pandemic, this has definitely been one of the worst years I've lived through. Despite all of that, I'm well-aware of and eternally grateful for all the good things. So many months have been wasted, so to speak, and I don't wish to waste any more of it, especially not dwelling on the bad things.


Life is too busy, especially nowadays, and I don't have as much free time as I'd like to create freely so I felt like this was my one opportunity to grab some hoarded stamp sets and make these cute cards for Thanksgiving. 


I used All InsideBear Ware 4Plaid Maker and Wonky Backdrops, all from Ellen Hutson's Essentials by Ellen collection. Their Holiday 2020 Release products are available now and I can't wait to get my hands on them, especially Bear Ware 5 which includes more accessories for these lovable bears!


My son is completely obsessed with pumpkin-everything, from pumpkin spice lattes to pumpkin pie. He has to have something pumpkin-related every.single.day while it's in season. I'll have to admit, it's a bit much and we try not to over-indulge but, hey, there's nothing like a pandemic to relax the rules a little. That's why all the little bears on these cards is eating pumpkin pie!


I used Catherine Pooler's Hot Tub and Skylight inks to create an ombre effect for the backgrounds, the embellished the cards with Studio Katia's Bora Bora Pearls.


All of the images were heat embossed, then watercolored with distress inks. The bears were popped up with foam tape and the rest of the images were adhered flat to the card base. I had the best time colouring the polar bears, pandas and brown bears to resemble the We Bare Bears.


You can shop the new Essentials by Ellen Holiday 2020 Release by clicking on the hyperlink or banner below.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

3 comments:

Lynn said...

All three versions of these cards are charming. Keep up the good work and hope your year improves. You bring so much visual enjoyment to my life. Thank You!

Lindsey said...

These are all so awesome, Em! Tell D. I'm with him, pumpkin rules. :D

Purple Princess said...

just so sweet