Sunday, December 6, 2020

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Diamond Masking Stencils Freebie ft. Max & Millie

Today's video features the December 2020 freebie from Taylored Expressions! With every purchase of $100 or more in the Taylored Expressions webstore, you will receive this set of two Masking Stencils - Diamonds for free. If you're familiar with Taylored Expressions masking stencils, you are going to love this one! If you haven't used Taylored Expressions masking stencils, I hope you'll be inspired to grab a few of them because they can really add that wow factor without much effort.

Everything you need to know is included in the video so I'll keep the verbiage in this post short, especially since it's photo-heavy. ;)


All three cards feature the Max & Millie stamp set. Max & Millie Dies are also available if you prefer to add dimension but I wanted to share how easy it is to create one-layer cards with stencilling and no masking paper over the images.


I drew my colour inspiration from the new Pastel Blender Brushes. On this first love-themed or birthday card, I inked the diamonds with Salt Water Taffy, Lavender Glaze, Mint Julep and Pink Champagne mini ink pads. To finish, I added sparkling crystals to emphasize the frame.


Oh my second card, I used all five ink colours, starting with Peaches 'n Cream and Mint Julep in the middle, then added Salt Water Taffy and Lavender Glaze on the right, and Pink Champagne and back to Lavender Glaze on the left.


I love this pastel rainbow, framed with Lavender Glaze, highlights adorable Millie so well. She's so cute pushing her little cart of cheese!


To embellish this card, I added clear drops to the holes in the cheese. It adds that big of dimension and visual interest to an otherwise simple card.


My third and final card is my favourite! This image of Max is my favourite, especially with that MEH sentiment. LOL This time I used the diamond masking stencils in a freehand and whimsical way by starting in the bottom left hand corner and working my way up to the top right hand corner.


Again, I created a rainbow with the same five ink colours and inked up parts of the diamonds. I love the way the colours blend into one another. It's so pretty and I want to play with this design more!


To finish, I added a few crystal stars above Max's head, which adds to his bewildered look. The little stars add just the right amount of sparkle to this fun card. All of the images were stamped with Oreo ink on Sugar Cube cardstock and coloured with Copic markers. All of these colours are listed in the supply links below.

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

No comments: