Saturday, January 9, 2021

Spellbinders | Jan 2021 Large Die of the Month


I'm back to share more of the Spellbinders Club Kits and both cards showcase the Large Die of the Month, along with the Clear Stamp of the Month. The January 2021 Large Die of the Month is a slimline set filled with the most gorgeous layered heart and flower dies that you can use in so many ways. If you love the Small Die of the Month (see my previous post), the Large Die of the Month and the Clear Stamp of the Month, you can subscribe to the Die & Stamp Addict Club for the best deal on all three club memberships.

At first, this die may look intimidating but it's not, and you know how much I love clean and simple cards. You can still make clean and simple cards with ornate dies. Just use fewer colours and/or layers!


Both my 8.75" x 3.75" card bases are cut from white linen cardstock. I cut the largest die from sea salt cardstock and adhered them to the card base with liquid adhesive. For the first card, I used the largest die again just to cut the largest hearts from silver glitter cardstock, adhered those in place, then used the other four heart dies to layer sea glass, audrey blue and green apple cardstock for incredibly beautiful details.

To finish this first card, I heat embossed a sentiment from the Clear Stamp of the Month with silver embossing powder on oreo cardstock and adhered it right in the centre of the card. This card has four layers on the hearts but can still be mailed easily in a business envelope.

My second card uses the exact same colours as the first card but resulted in a very different look because I used the sea glassaudrey bluegreen apple and silver glitter cardstock to fill in the largest die. This time, I only used the top two layers of the outside hearts and die cut these from oreo and silver glitter cardstock.

To finish, I stamped the centre heart from the Clear Stamp of the Month in black pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I stacked three layers of white linen cardstock to give it some added dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

2 comments:

Purple Princess said...

so very pretty

Lindsey said...

Two beautiful cards! Beautiful slimline die, and I especially like the extra-CAS card with the lovely white space. :)