Saturday, February 6, 2021

Catherine Pooler Designs | Groovy Birthday

I had planned to post this yesterday but between my sciatica, not being able to sit for long periods and losing my mojo over the discomfort, I had a hard time with the design. I was finally able to finish it today and I'm delighted with the way it turned out! I hope my friend likes it, too. ;)


The featured stamp set Let the Good Times Roll and coordinating dies are both on sale for a limited time so be sure to check those out! I started by using the Star Stencilblending brushes and Pucker UpCatching RaysAquatini and Serenade to ink blend the background. I left the stencil in place and used a palette knife to apply Moonstone Glimmer Paste. Then I set that aside to dry.


Using another panel, I stamped the sentiment from Let the Good Times Roll, used mint tape to mask off the stamped area and ink blended the same colours - Pucker UpCatching RaysAquatini and Serenade - above and below the sentiment.


I stamped the roller-skates, again with Midnight ink, then heat embossed it with WOW! Black Twinkle embossing powder. I quickly used a brush and Pucker UpCatching RaysAquatini and Serenade inks to 'watercolour' the skates. As a special touch, I added two white silk bows to the roller-skates. To finish, I trimmed the sentiment panel, popped it up with foam tape and attached the roller-skates to the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Wow! This really does almost bring flashbacks from roller rink birthday parties to mind! Fun card! (I can't rollerskate, so the parties, not so much. :D)