Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Catherine Pooler Designs | You Bright My Days


These Lovely Birdies are hands down the cutest birds ever! I could stamp a million of them and wouldn't tire of them. And don't the little cacti from Build-a-Terrarium work so well on those branches? So super adorable! I also combined three of the new Date Night Inks with three older colours and I just love this colour combination.


To start, I stamped all of the birds and branches in Midnight, then used a stamping block with Sweet Sixteen and Serenade, and the rock 'n' roll technique to get an ombre inking on the birds. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them for a closer look. 

I used the same rock 'n' roll technique with Mint To Be and Aquatini for the leaves on the branches, and Do-Si-Do and Pucker Up on the large flowers. The small flowers were stamped with Pucker Up, as was the large BRIGHTEN word in the sentiment.


I used blending brushes to blend Mint To Be and Aquatini at the top of the panel before adhering the images to the panel with glue dots for a bit of dimension and popping up the tops of the birds with foam tape for added dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

3 comments:

MadeByMeghanK said...

I LOVE this card! The birds in purple are darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

These birds are so cute - especially in their purple blend with the white accents! The birds on their branches make a sweet little scene.

Purple Princess said...

so very sweet!!