Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Spellbinders | February 2021 Large Die of the Month


I was blown away with last month's Large Die of the Month so I was absolutely thrilled to see this month's set top that one! If you know me, you know I love alphabet and numbers dies and these ones are big and so perfect, especially for clean and simple cards. I knew I wanted to use gold foil cardstock for my die cuts so I dug out my Gansai watercolours and after I painted my background, I thought to myself, 'Why have I not used these more often?!'


The colours are so incredibly solid and vibrant. They're also sold individually, if you prefer a smaller investment. From the top, I used Carmine Red (35), Dark Pink (34)Scarlet Red (31) and Orange (33). I dried each colour with my heat tool before adding the next with a wide brush. Then I used Menthol Violet (66), Gold (90) and White (10) to create splatter on the background.


When the panel was completely dry, I trimmed it down to 4" x 5" so I could added a strip of washi tape at the top of the card for contrast. All of the 'Happy' letters, except the 'a' were popped up with foam tape. I did this for visual interest and so it would match the 'th', which I adhered flat with liquid glue. I cut out the '12' four times, once in gold foil and again in white, grey and black cardstock. I offset the white and black layers to create light and dark shadows.


You can subscribe any time during the month of February to receive these specific products:

Supplies

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love the vibrant colours! They pair with the gold so well. Love the fonts of the numbers and letters, too.

Purple Princess said...

so pretty!!