Sunday, March 14, 2021

Spellbinders | March 2021 Large Die of the Month

When I shared last month's Large Die of the Month, I created a birthday card for my niece and this month, I borrowed the number dies from last month's kit to turn the March 2021 Large Die of the Month into a birthday card for one of my son's friends who celebrated his birthday yesterday.


All of the coloured cardstock featured here is Simon Says Stamp branded cardstock and you can find all of the colours listed in the supply links below. The quality is heavyweight and the colours are so saturated and vibrant. I absolutely love the quality and texture of their cardstock.


I created the background by cutting a 4" x 5.25" panel from Island Blue cardstock and setting it aside. Using the March 2021 Large Die of the Month, I die cut the grass panels from Green Apple and Green Leaf cardstock at different heights to build depth. Then I die cut the layered flowers from Lipstick Red and Sunshine cardstock, and the stems from Midnight Green cardstock. I alternated the petal colours in the front and back rows for visual interest. I die cut the larger clouds right out of the main panel to create shakers and I die cut the smaller clouds from Sea Glass cardstock.


The grass panels were attached to the panel with Scor-Tape and all the other elements were adhered using mini glue dots. Then I used the February 2021 Large Die of the Month to die cut and layer the numbers and superscript ordinals with Green Apple and Midnight Green cardstock. To finish, I heat embossed Happy Birthday using the February 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month and die cut it using the Mini Everyday Sentiments Die Set. Then I added acetate and foam tape to the back of the panel and secured it to the white linen card base with majestic glitter behind the clouds.


You can subscribe any time during the month of March to receive these specific products:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Great colours and so much fun! All that and it's a shaker, too!