Thursday, March 25, 2021

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Social Butterflies Trio

Hello, friends! I hope you're enjoying this lovely week. The weather here has been so beautiful, sunny and warm. It's the perfect intro for this pastel trio featuring the Social Butterflies Cling & Clear Combo, previously an exclusive of Stamp Joy. As always, you can find a full visual list of all the supplies I used to create these cards in the supply links at the bottom of this post.


The colour palette I chose includes Pink Champagne, Potato Chip, Salt Water Taffy and Lavender Glaze. The butterfly outlines and sentiments for the first two cards were stamped with Earl Grey on Sugar Cube cardstock, and the sentiment for the third card was stamped with Sugar Cube on Oreo cardstock.


I used the sketchy lines background image from the Social Butterflies Cling set to create the background. Using the MISTI stamping tool, I positioned it on the panel and turned it 180 degrees so I could get the exact same stamping in two different directions. Then I used liquid glue to adhere small strips of coordinating Pink Champagne, Potato Chip, Salt Water Taffy and Lavender Glaze cardstock on the sizes of the card base to complete the visual rotation of colours.


I used the mini slimline format for my second card and turned it into a shaker by using the Mini Slim Square Window Cutting Plate as the top panel. I cut a panel of the same size to place behind it, where I stamped the same sketchy lines background behind each window in Pink Champagne.


I secured a sheet of acetate to the back of the window panel using Scor-Tape, then built walls with foam tape to house the sequins. To finish, I added the shaker element to a card base cut from Earl Grey cardstock. I added five butterflies across the slimline card, leaving out the Pink Champagne butterflies since that colour is represented in the background.

My last card features the fewest colours of the three but it still makes an impact. I used silver glitter cardstock to create a frame around the top panel. I also used the dies to create offset Pink Champagne 'shadows' for the stamped butterflies.


The butterflies are adhered flat to the panel on the right side, but scored for lift and popped up with foam tape on the left side. I stamped the sentiment with Sugar Cube on Oreo cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.

I loved making these cards and it was so fun to play with the sketched lines background image in different ways. That was the image that drove the designs for these three cards, believe it or not! The perfectly imperfect style of the butterflies makes them so easy to create with. This is an incredibly versatile stamp set and would be a great starter set for new cardmakers!

Be sure to check out all the other Stamp Joy Exclusives, available now at Taylored Expressions.

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies