Sunday, March 21, 2021

My Anniversary Card from Chris

My husband and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary this weekend! Where does the time go?? I was so excited to get this card though. It's quite possibly the cutest card Chris has ever made for me and he's made so many over the years. I think he may have realized that he really likes Taylored Expressions products, too! This is the second card in a row where he's used Taylored Expressions and a unicorn (see previous card HERE). When he gave me this card, he said, “I’ve decided that I really like colouring unicorns. They’re so punk rock.” LOL


Chris centred his whole design around the Little Critters stamp set so he stamped them with Oreo ink, coloured them with Copic Markers and fussy cut each one. He said he originally wanted them peeking out from the On the Block - Love word but he needed to hide the fact that they didn't have bodies.


He sifted through my dies and found the perfect size from the Stitched Mini Slim Stacklets. He was going to create his own box using the Wood Plank Background but found the perfect paper from Lawn Fawn's Into the Woods 6x6 Paper Pack. He finished the card using some leftover Building Blocks - Happy Additions from my stash.


This card makes me think that Chris is catching up to me in card design! It's so cute and creative! If you're inspired by Chris' card - I know that I am - you can find all the supplies at both Taylored Expressions and Scrap 'n Stamp Canada.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

Congratulations on 17 years! Super card. Your husband does a great job. My husband is giving me cards that I have made. He did stamp one image on one of the cards that had a place that needed something, so there is hope yet.

Lindsey said...

That is one awesome card! Tell him I'm glad he got Duncan in there beside the punk rock unicorn. ;)