Monday, April 12, 2021

Catherine Pooler Designs | April Showers Bring...Collection | Good Morning, Sunshine


Did you see today's Rise & Shine Bundle Reveal? It's my favourite from the April Showers Bring... Release and this is a huge release! I adore Catherine Pooler's layering stamp sets that don't require colouring and it's a bonus when they involve food and drinks. LOL


This card features the Rise & Shine Stamp Set and coordinating Rise & Shine Dies. I also used two different patterned papers from the Great Start 6x6 Paper Pack which has now taken I Love You Soy's place as my favourite paper pack. It's obvious that I drew my colour inspiration from Great Start, using six of the nine colours listed on the packaging.

I used Rouge for the strawberries and glasses. I rock 'n rolled Shea Butter and Sauna for the sun. I also used Eucalyptus for the leaves on the strawberries and I must say that it was an absolute delight to stamp those little strawberries! I used Hot Tub for the coffee mug and lower part of the sentiment. I used Juniper Mist for the top part of the sentiment and the bowl. I also used Juniper Mist direct-to-paper to create the frame around the top panel. I used Black Jack for the newspaper and milk bottle.


I used an X-acto knife to cut a slit into the rim of the bowl so I could slide the strawberries into it. The coffee mug was popped up with foam tape but the rest of the elements were attached to the card with mini glue dots. I tried to keep it as flat as possible, given that all those elements already added a lot of bulk to the card. 


Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you again tomorrow April 13, 2021 for StampNation Early Ordering at 12:00 p.m. and General Ordering starts Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. 

Supplies

No comments: