Sunday, April 11, 2021

Catherine Pooler Designs | April Showers Bring...Collection | Shine Bright, Grad


Hello, beautiful friends! I have a lot of graduation cards to make this year and the new Shine Bright Word Die (available on Tuesday if you're a StampNation member or Wednesday for General Ordering) is perfect for such a card, as well as so much more. If you love making congratulatory and encouragement cards, you'll definitely need this die. The script is so beautiful and one of the best I've seen!


As you can see, I combined the Shine Bright Word Die with several other stamp and die sets (five to be exact). You've seen me use Mountain of Thanks and Summer Lovin' several times, only because I love them so much and the sun goes so well with the awesome abstract mountains and sweet clouds.


I originally started with four ink colours but I couldn't resist using lots of ombre stamping and ink blending so that required additional shades of those colours. I used Skylight, Daydream and Juniper Mist on the mountains, Sweet Sixteen and Pixie Dust on the clouds, and Catching Rays, Orange Peel and Mandarin Spice on the sun.

To create the gradient colour on the die cut G-R-A-D using the recently-released Block Alphabet Dies, I used blending brushes and Melon Ice and Daydream next to each other and die cut the letters from that ink blended piece of cardstock. The smaller scripted words are from the Today Sentiments Stamp Set and I stamped my custom sentiment using Daydream and Juniper Mist.


To create the ombre Shine Bright Word Die, I used blending brushes with Catching RaysOrange Peel and Mandarin Spice on a piece of white cardstock and die cut the words from that. I used two layers of G-R-A-D letters and the Shine Bright Word Die to make them pop off the card base which was die cut from the Essentials Slimline Dies. To add some sparkle to the card, I used flower sequins from the Salt Lake City Sequin Mix.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you again tomorrow for the next April Showers Bring bundle reveal! All new release products will be available to StampNation members on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. and General Ordering starts Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.

Supplies

/>