Saturday, April 10, 2021

Spellbinders | April 2021 Small Die of the Month


Of the three Spellbinders Club Kits that I feature each month, the April 2021 Small Die of the Month is my favourite and with good reason! I'm sure you've seen this die featured all over social media in the last week and fallen in love with it each time. I would say it's the most stunning die Spellbinders has ever made and it really takes a labour of love but it's so worth it! 


As I mentioned in my previous post, I would be using that colour combination again because I loved it so much. I decided to add yellow as a fourth colour and it really makes for a bright and happy card. It's such a great way to say thank you to an extra special someone!


The April 2021 Small Die of the Month comes with seven dies, the largest being the big stitching die and background, as well as the six letters spelling out T-H-A-N-K-S. I just love the embossed details on those letters. It really makes them extra special with no effort at all, except to run them once or twice through the Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine.


I die cut the main stitching die from Sugar Crystal glitter cardstock and I didn't have to worry about making creases in it, which was a bonus! Plus, it adds so much sparkle to the card, immediately upping its wow factor. The letters were die cut from Sunshine cardstock and the finished die was adhered to an Audrey Blue panel on a white linen card base measuring 7.5" x 4". Both the letters and the main die were layered on Neenah heavyweight cardstock for added dimension and stability.


I have linked below to several packs of embroidery floss, as well as embroidery needles. You can buy these anywhere, whether it be your local craft store or favourite online store. I asked the expert of stitching in paper crafting - the amazing Paige Taylor Evans - and she uses the Prym Ditz Crewel Needles in Size 2. That's what I used, along with DMC embroidery floss in four different colours, including yellow, purple and two shades of green.

You can subscribe any time during the month of April to receive these specific products:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

This is such an absolute WOW card! I love the colours, and your stitching is gorgeous. I'm also a fan of the detail on the letters - and that takes so much less effort! :D