Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Ellen Hutson | April 30th Release Sneak Peek #4


Ellen Hutson has a new Essentials by Ellen Release out this Friday, April 30, 2021 and I'm excited to give you this first sneak peek at the Essential Hexagons Die SetPieced Together stamp set and Stitched Together stamp set! All three of these sets work so beautifully together.  Brandi Kincaid illustrated the stamp sets and they were inspired by quilting and sewing motifs. The hexagon dies, designed by Heather Meeson, frame the illustrations and sentiments perfectly.


There are seven patterns in the Pieced Together stamp set and I only used one of them. They're all equally stunning and you'll definitely have fun mixing and matching them, as well as colouring them!


I stamped my chosen image three times on watercolour cardstock with Versafine Clair pigment ink in Morning Mist and heat embossed them with WOW Clear Sparkle embossing powder. If you click on any of the images, you can zoom in and see the sparkly detail on the images and sentiment.


I used a fine Ranger artist brush and distress inks in Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers and Chipped Sapphire. After the images dried, I die cut them using the Essential Hexagons Die Set. I used the same die to cut three additional frames for each hexagon, two from watercolour cardstock and one from gold cardstock. Then I used liquid glue to stack the three frames together.


I heat embossed the sentiment from the Stitched Together stamp set, then adhered the three images and their frames to the panel with liquid glue. I added faux French knots to the centres using light parrot green embroidery floss, and gold Stickles to the eight stamen in each hexagon.

Be sure to follow along on Instagram all week long for sneak peeks and join our Instagram Hop on Friday to celebrate this release. As always, there will be prizes for hopping along and commenting!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies