Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Ellen Hutson | April 30th Release Sneak Peek #3

Ellen Hutson has a new Essentials by Ellen Release out this Friday, April 30, 2021 and I'm excited to give you this first sneak peek at the Mod Floral Die and Mondo Tulip stamp set! I also snuck in the 4Bar Rectangle dies since I won't be able to live without them. As it turns out, I already make 50% of my cards in the 4Bar size at 4" x 5.5" so I'll be using these a lot. ;)

I instantly fell in love with the Mod Floral Die the second I saw it! I love clusters of little blooms and big dies like this are perfect for quick, clean and simple cards. They're so easy to use as is, watercolored or even dry embossed to add texture. For this card, I die cut the Mod Floral Die from Canson watercolour cardstock.

I used Gansai Tambi solid watercolours to colour the blooms. I own the 36 Colour Set but you can also buy the individual colours I used, which are Red (32), Scarlet Red (31), Orange (33), Bright Yellow (42) and Mid Green (53). I used a brush to apply colour to each of the blooms, one colour at a time, using my heat tool to dry them in between colours so they wouldn't bleed too much. I applied two layers of colour to maximize saturation and impact.

Next, I used the largest of the 4Bar Rectangle dies and cut it three times, twice from Neenah heavyweight cardstock and once from metallic gold cardstock. I used liquid glue to stack the layers and set it aside while I prepared a white linen card base cut to 4" x 5.5" and a panel of Bazzill cardstock in Candy Necklace, which is one of the richest, most beautiful colours ever.

I placed the Candy Necklace panel, gold 4Bar Rectangle frame and Mod Floral Die die in my mini MISTI stamping tool to determine where to stamp the sentiment from the Mondo Tulip stamp set. I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink, my favourite for crisp sentiments. Then I adhered the panel to the card base, the gold frame to the panel and popped up the Mod Floral Die and loose blooms with foam tape and micro glue dots.

Be sure to follow along on Instagram all week long for sneak peeks and join our Instagram Hop on Friday to celebrate this release. As always, there will be prizes for hopping along and commenting!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources

2 comments: