Thursday, April 29, 2021

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Teacher/Grad Cards + Simple Storage for Building Blocks

Hello, crafty friends! I'm always excited to bring you another Taylored Expressions video and this time, it's all about teachers and grads! Be sure to check out all of the amazing products in the new Teacher/Grad Release. Most of us have teachers and grads in our life and it's that time of year to start cranking out those cards and gifts!


I used the same colour scheme to make one teacher card and one grad card. In the video, I also give you a close-up look at the new must-have Simple Storage for Building Blocks so be sure to check that out! 


My first card uses the new Full Circle - School stamp set with the Notepaper Background. I stamped the doodle image twice on a 4" x 5.25" panel, then used the Stitched Circle Stacklets to create masks before stamping the Notepaper Background on an angle with Sprinkles ink.

After removing the masks, I colour the images with Copic markers (colours listed in the supply links below), then use Sprinkles and Peaches 'n Cream inks and a Circle Masking Stencil to blending the backgrounds.


I cut two A2 panels, one from Sprinkles cardstock and another from Peaches 'n Cream cardstock. I cut them both diagonally down the centre and used one half of each on a Toffee card base. Then I heat embossed the sentiments on Oreo cardstock and die cut them using the Mini Strips Die and added silver glitter frames using the Mini Strips Backer.


I added the sentiment strips to the card with foam tape and toggled them at different angles for visual interest. To finish, I added silver drip drops to some of the circles on the images. This card, with its neutral colours, would be suitable for any teacher and covers so many subjects from art and science to geography and math!


My second card features the On the Block - Grad and Building Blocks - Well Done. I'm a huge fan of the On the Block series and literally freak out every time a new one is released! 


As I mentioned in my previous video, you can use the Dahlia Stencil as flower, confetti or fireworks and I've used them here as fireworks to celebrate the grad. I used the new Bitty Blender Brushes to add Peaches 'n Cream, Sprinkles and Blue Corn inks to this stencil and I have total heart eyes for the effect!


I heat embossed On the Block - Grad on Blue Corn cardstock using Sugar Cube ink and set it with halo embossing powder for maximum effect. I die cut the heat embossed word and two additional layers using the On the Block - Grad Shadow, in Peaches 'n Cream and white glitter cardstock. To finish, I added sentiment strips from Building Blocks - Well Done and popped everything on a Peaches 'n Cream card base.


Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

No comments: