Thursday, April 8, 2021

Spellbinders | April 2021 Large Die of the Month

The April 2021 Large Die of the Month is a stunning set for slimline cards and it's packed with four borders, individual florals and foliage. You can use these borders individually or combine them into so many different combinations!

I created my card base from Neenah heavyweight cardstock and trimmed it to 8.5" x 7", scoring it in the middle so the folded card measures 8.5" x 3.5".  I cut two more 8.5" x 3.5" panels and used the floral border die on one panel at the very bottom. Then I used both the straight edge wave die with the lattice die above it on the second panel. I used the straight edge wave die twice to cut a panel from Gold Opulent Surfacez cardstock and adhered it to the back of the front panel using 1/8" Scor-Tape.

I also created a mask for the floral edge panel using the straight edge wave die and adhered it to the panel before using Granny Smith, Blue Raspberry, Blueberry and Jelly Donut inks with blender brushes to add colour to the flowers and foliage. I used the same ink colours to ombre stamp a sentiment from the April 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month on to the top panel and adhered both layers to the card base. To finish, I added single die cut flowers and leaves to the top panel and added pearls to the centres of the flowers. If you don't have the necessary colours, you can colour white pearls with Copic markers or use Nuvo drops.

You can subscribe any time during the month of April to receive these specific products:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: