Sunday, May 9, 2021

Birthday and Mother's Day Cards by Damian


This past week, we celebrated my husband's birthday and, of course, Mother's Day. It was an eventful week, well, as fun as it can get since we're still in lockdown. Special events call for special cards and there's nothing that makes me happier than when my son spends time in my craft room!


As most of you already know, we're big beaver fans and my husband has taken on the persona of a beaver, first in Minecraft and now just about everwhere. LOL My son is also obsessed with widgeons and you can read more on that story HERE. Of course, my son had to use Avery Elle's retired Wood You? stamp set and coordinating dies, with a widgeon from Technique Tuesday's Duck Swan Goose stamp set and a sentiment from Beau & Beatrice Beaver. Since Wood You? has been retired, I was so happy to see a brand new beaver set, Maple Syrup, in their latest release and you can find that in the supply links below.


My son clearly had a lot of fun making my Mother's Day card, using six stamp sets from Taylored Expressions and a slimline die from Catherine Pooler Designs. As always, when making a card for me, it should include a panda because that is my persona. LOL This particular panda is from Hot Flash Grumplings and has the most hilarious expression.


Damian had a little help ombre stamping On the Block - Mom with Earl Grey and Poppy Seed inks, followed by heat embossing with halo embossing powder to make it extra sparkly. I had already stamped and gold embossed the Mini Strips - You're the Best and stored them in my Simple Storage for Simple Strips and all Damian had to do was choose the ones he wanted to use.


Damian chose all of my favourite things, including chips, red wine (or maybe it's port wine), coffee and cake. Of course, he included a little widgeon on my card, too. Both of these cards are so cute and special! I hope you enjoyed Damian's creativity this week!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies for Hubby's Birthday Card:  


Supplies for Mother's Day Card

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm so impressed by your son's creativity and skills. Well done, Damien! Keep crafting and posting.