Friday, May 7, 2021

Ellen Hutson | Happy Mother's Day + Sale!

I lost my mom in April 2020 so this will be my second Mother's Day without her. My heart goes out to all of you who are hurting on this day. I'm going to enjoy the day with my husband and son, of course, and they'll spoil me rotten as usual. I'll request lots of quiet, crafty time since that's the best way to spend Mother's Day!


I made this card for my mother-in-law, using Mondo Tulip and its coordinating die. I stamped the image in my mini MISTI stamping tool with Versamark watermark ink and heat set it with gold embossing powder. Then I smooshed Milled Lavender, Wilted Violet, Dusty Concord, Shabby Shutters and Rustic Wilderness mini distress inks on a silicone mat and used artist brushes to watercolour the image.


Once that was done, I set it aside to try and smooshed Speckled Egg and Evergreen Bough mini distress inks on an acrylic block, spritzed it with water and smooshed it on to a 4-bar watercolour panel. I sprayed more water on it and used a large, flat brush to spread out the colour. Once that was dry, I used black and white paint to add splatter to the panel.


When the panel was completely dry, I die cut the Essential 4-Bar Rectangles from both watercolour cardstock and matte gold cardstock. I used liquid glue to adhere the layers together to give the rectangle a bit of dimension. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Amazing Women and popped all of the elements on to the card with thin foam squares.


Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend and happy shopping!

Sources

No comments: