Friday, May 14, 2021

Spellbinders | May 2021 Large Die of the Month + Promotion!


Yay, it's finally Friday! Today, I'm sharing another card featuring the May 2021 Large Die of the Month and this time I used the largest two of the seven dies included in this month's club kit. This month's stitching die gives April's Small Die of the Month a run for its money but I'm in love with both! I also used the Spellbinders May 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month for the sentiment. 


I started by die cutting the stitching plate from Neenah heavyweight 110lb cardstock. I chose six colours of embroidery floss, including three shades of coral/peach for the biggest flowers. I also included pale yellow for the smallest flower/wishes, pale mocha for the largest flower centres and mint for the leaves.


It's easiest to complete all the embroidery for each colour and move on to the next. I completed the flowers first, then embroidered the centres, and finished with the leaves and stems.


I loved the way the Bazzill butter mints cardstock looked behind the white panel with these colours so I used the largest frame die to cut the Bazzill butter mints cardstock panel. Then I stamped the sentiment from Spellbinders May 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month with Versamark watermark ink and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.


I used 1/8" Scor-Tape (perfect for the width of the frame) and mini glue dots (behind the flower centres closest to the sentiment) to secure the embroidered panel on to a second die cut, then I attached it to the sentiment panel and, finally, a white linen card base. Please note that the dimensions of this card are 4.25" x 5.625", which is 0.125" or 1/8" taller than the standard A2 card.


Be sure to take advantage of the current promotion at Spellbinders. You get $25 off orders of $100+ after discounts/coupons, PLUS free U.S. shipping! Discounts will be automatically applied at checkout, if the order qualifies. This promotion runs through May 18, 2021 11:59 p.m. MST.

Thanks so much for stopping by and happy shopping!

Supplies