Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Catherine Pooler | Creative Thinking Release | Shop NOW!


Yay, general ordering on Catherine Pooler's Creative Thinking Release is live! Today's inspiration features the Mosaic Tile Dies from the Sketchbook Bundle. Much like the Xanadu Cover Plate Die, these Mosaic Tile Dies are so much fun to play with and there's so much you can do with them!

I knew I wanted to use blending brushes to add colour to the die cut Mosaic Tiles so I started by choosing my colours and this time, I chose Coral Cabana, Melon Ice, In the Park and Sweet Sixteen

I ran 7 of the 10 Mosaic Tiles through the Gemini Junior die cutting machine and cut six solid triangles, as well as three each of the six designer triangles.

I chose my sentiment from the Favorite Day Ever Sentiments stamp set and arranged the triangles on the panel before deciding on the colours for each triangle. Then I started ink blending, using two colours for each triangle. I only had to ink blend the solid base layers and the very top layer. The middle two layers were left white.

Each triangle has a total of four stacked layers, which were later adhered using Bearly Arts glue. The amazing super fine tip nozzle was perfect for these designer triangles. After the triangles were ink blended, I used the Xanadu Cover Plate Die to partially dry emboss the front panel. After attaching the triangles around the sentiment, I embellished the triangles from the Vegas, Baby! sequin mix.

If you're shopping today, let me know what you bought and, if you're not, I'd love to know which favourites you added to your wish list. ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that card and those triangle dies. Awesome colors too!

donna mikasa said...

Love your graphic card, Emily! I told Catherine that you enabled me to get those dies! Thank you!