Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Catherine Pooler | Creative Thinking Release | StampNation Early Ordering

I'm back to share another card featuring Catherine Pooler's Creative Thinking Release. This time, I used the Favorite Day Ever Sentiments stamp set, also from the Sketchbook Bundle! I started in this industry as a stamper and I'll always be a stamper at heart, even though I love die cutting a lot! I make very few cards where there's no stamping, even if it's just for a sentiment. 

The Favorite Day Ever Sentiments stamp set definitely brought out the stamper in me, especially with the amazing customizable words and phrases and the faceted hearts. I combined three of the sentiments to create my customized sentiment, stamping them on two lines in the centre of my 4-bar card panel.

I used a design ruler to draw pencil lines to guide me in placing the hearts. Then I chose ink colours, using the Bright Idea Slimline Patterned Paper as inspiration. I used seven of the nine colours represented in that paper pack -- Pink Champagne, Rouge, Shea Butter, Green Tea, Skylight, Bay Breeze and Cove Blue.

To finish the card, I used the Essentials Slimline Dies to cut a border from white and black cardstock, layering them at the very top of the card where a third line of hearts wouldn't fit. I attached the scalloped border using a tape runner and tied black and white twine in a bow.

StampNation Members can order now and general ordering goes live tomorrow June 9, 2021 at 9:00am EST. I'll see you again tomorrow for more inspiration using the Sketchbook Bundle!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Supplies