Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Reverse Confetti | June 2021 Creative Blog Hop

Hello, crafty friends! Today is Reverse Confetti's June 2021 Creative Blog Hop and I'm joining the talented design team and guest designers to share loads of inspiration. My card combines three of my favourites from the May Release, as well as an older favourite.

I started by choosing the main sentiment, which is from Cup of Friendship. I double heat embossed it on white cardstock by stamping it first with black pigment ink and heat set it with sparkle embossing powder. Then I stamped it a second time with watermark ink and heat set it with halo embossing powder. It's super thick and shiny and you can see it live on my Instagram feed.

After the sentiment was heat embossed, I die cut it on an angle using the Along the Dotted Lines Cover Panel and set it aside to work on the rest of the card. I die cut the secondary sentiment using the Letter Cuts Confetti Cuts and stamped a floral image from Cup of Friendship using poppy, sorbet and grapefruit inks that coordinate with the poppy, sorbet and grapefruit cardstock. Using liquid glue, I adhered those stamped letters to a black shadow.

Next, I die cut the Oval Window Cover Panel from sea glass and glitter silver cardstock. I cut two additional layers of the oval in white and stacked them under the glitter silver oval. I also die cut the heat embossed sentiment panel and used blending brushes and grapefruit and sorbet inks to blend the edges before assembling the card.

I adhered the sea glass panel directly to the card base. Then I popped in the glitter silver oval and sentiment panel like a puzzle. I added foam tape to the top and bottoms of all the letters and attached them to the card. To finish, I added three enamel hearts to balance the empty space at the top left.


BLOG HOP LINE-UP


Thanks so much for hopping along with us! Be sure to check out big Retired Sale and save!


Supplies

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Emily, I adore this!

Sue D said...

Cute design and great sentiment.

Purple Princess said...

so cute