Friday, June 11, 2021

Ellen Hutson | Essentials by Ellen June 2021 Release Instagram Hop + Prizes!

The Essentials by Ellen June 2021 Release is HERE and the Brand Ambassadors are celebrating with an Instagram Hop to bring you inspiration using the latest products! While appreciated, comments left here are not eligible for one of three $25 gift certificates. Please head to Instagram for all the details!

I'm featuring the stunning Abstract Mountain and Abstract Sunset dies, designed by Heather Meeson. I paired these up with stamps from And Many More and Good Day, designed by Julie Ebersole. As I've mentioned before, I adore landscape dies and stamps and I could use them on every card, if I had to. You can't go wrong with these because they work for pretty much all occasions!

The first card features the Abstract Mountain die, A2 Piercing Plate designed by Ellen Hutson, Good Day stamp set and coordinating dies, and the Shadow Box Die by Brandi Kincaid (you can watch my video for this project on the Ellen Hutson blog and YouTube channel).

As always, I started by choosing my cardstock colours for this scene, knowing that I'd need six different colours. From top to bottom, they are Bazzill Candy Hearts, Concord & 9th MidnightBazzill WhirlypopBazzill GumballBazzill Icy Mint and Sizzix Surfacez Opulent Silver Glitter. I used the foiling lines from the Shadow Box Die to foil the top of the Candy Hearts panel. I also used the A2 Piercing Plate to add texture to the Midnight and Gumball sections.

I stamped the adorable bicycle image (hooray for bikes!), coloured it with Copic markers - all colours are listed in the supply links below - and popped her on to the panel with foam tape.

My second card features the Abstract Sunset and the And Many More stamp set. I started this by taking an A2 panel and ombre stamping the large sentiment using Catherine Pooler inks. From top to bottom, they are Tranquil, Cove Blue and Juniper Mist. To get the perfect transition of colours, I used a sponge dauber to soften the transition lines between the ink colours before stamping. To stamp the filled in word 'fun', I used Catherine Pooler's It's a Girl, Do-Si-Do and Party Dress.

When the stamping was done, I used the Abstract Sunset die to cut the panel. I also used the Big City die to cut the topmost section before re-assembling the scene. I die cut a second panel from white cardstock and stacked every other layer beneath the city die cut for some dimension and visual interest since all the panels are white.

On the very bottom panel, I again used the foiling lines from the Shadow Box Die but, this time, I used the very end of the die to foil grass across the entire strip. I attached the entire scene to a Sizzix Surfacez Opulent Silver Glitter mat, then attached that to a Concord & 9th Midnight panel with texture from the A2 Piercing Plate. To finish, I added a few sparkling clear stars to increase the glitter factor on this fairly clean and simple design.



COMPLETE IG HOP LIST


Thanks so much for hopping along with us!

Supplies