Sunday, June 13, 2021

Spellbinders | June 2021 Large Die of the Month + Sale!

I'm here to share a couple of mini slimline cards featuring the Spellbinders June 2021 Large Die of the Month. This club kit is absolutely brilliant and I had so much fun designing these two mini slimline cards. Of course, I had the help of some wonderful sentiments from the June 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month and I'll be sharing more inspiration on that soon.


The June 2021 Large Die of the Month consists of 10 individual dies but 22 individual die cut pieces. There's just so much you can do with it. I only used 5 of the individual dies here, along with beautiful Bazzill cardstock. The pale rose is a new-to-me colour and I instantly fell in love with it. How have I been creating with it all this time? Even my husband said, "Oh, I like that light pink colour," when he first laid eyes on it. LOL


I started by using die cutting the strips from pale rose, butter mints, robin's egg and taffy. The die used to cut these strips is a single die and long enough to cover the length of a full slimline card. I used a tape runner to apply adhesive across the entire mini slimline panel cut to 3.5" x 6". Then I adhered the strips on an angle and trimmed off the excess using my guillotine trimmer.


Next, I cut the swirly piece from Sizzix Surfacez Opulent Silver Brushed Metal. I also die cut all the circles from pale rosebutter mintsrobin's egg and taffy cardstock. I had to die cut each circle twice from each of the four colours to make the two cards.


I re-cut the swirly piece 4 more times, and the base for each of the circles 12 times, using Neenah heavyweight so I could stack them for dimension. I used Bearly Art liquid glue to adhere all of the little circles to their respective bases, to stack all the layers together and to adhere each part to their respective card fronts.


To create the sentiment strips, I used two long single-line sentiments from the June 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month. Since these are mini slimline cards, the sentiments were too long so I masked half the stamps and stamped them in two parts, cutting them out using one of the thin sentiment dies from the Mini Everyday Sentiments and trimming them to the same length.


I positioned each sentiment strip in between the circles and adhered them to the card using foam strips.


What do you think of these cards? I had a lot of fun playing with them and could easily make more with different colours and doubling up on the swirly piece so that they create a complete loop. I tried that initially but the single- or half-loop looked better with this card size and these colours.

Don't forget to check out the Pre-Summer Super Sale going on now! There are so many great deals, even recently released products and favourites, with some products at up to 50% off!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both versions are so cool!