Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Catherine Pooler | Boho Fall Release: Painted Leaves Bundle + StampNation Early Ordering!

I'm a September baby and fall has been my favourite season for as long as I can remember! I love everything about it, especially the colours of the leaves, pumpkins, sweaters and seasonal hot beverages. When I saw this stunning Painted Leaves Bundle, I fell in love with it immediately!

The Painted Leaves Stamp Set is a large 6" x 8" layering stamp set and I used all four leaves on this card. As always, I started by choosing a colour for each leaf and pairing up that colour with a darker shade in the same colour family so I could use the rock 'n roll technique to create an ombre look with both the solid stamp and the detail stamp.

I started with a 4" x 5.25" panel in my MISTI stamping tool. I stamped the maple leaf using Shea Butter and Sauna inks. As with all the leaves, I used sponge daubers to soften the lines between the two shades. I also ombre stamped the details for consistency.

I stamped the aspen/birch leaf using Bellini and Clay Mask inks. The two oak leaves were stamped with Tutti Frutti and Mandarin Spice inks, and Aquatini and Daydream inks. I really love the different shapes and sheer size of these leaves, which makes them amazing for creating entire backgrounds and also on their own.

It's not obvious that I used the coordinating Painted Leaves Dies because I used them to die cut masks before stamping the Light as a Feather Background using the same eight ink colours I used on the leaves. I also used blending brushes and matching inks to warm up the edges.

I stamped the sentiment from the Give Thanks Sentiments Stamp Set which has the most amazing combination of classic and scripted fonts. I'm going to be using this stamp set a lot for fall and Thanksgiving cards! To finish, I added sequins, one each from the Highland, Manhattan and Vegas, Baby! sequin mixes.

The amazing Painted Leaves Bundle, Boho Extras Bundle and entire Boho Fall Release will be available to StampNation members TODAY August 10th at 12:00pm EST and for general ordering tomorrow August 11th at 9:00am EST. The following links will be live at those times.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Very beautiful card for Fall and I love those bright colors.

Purple Princess said...

so pretty