Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Catherine Pooler | Winter Wonders Collection - Peace, Love & Joy


Happy Release Day! Catherine Pooler's Winter Wonders Collection is available now and I wanted to highlight the Winter Blessings Sentiments stamp set and Woodsy Patterned Paper. I chose three of the more subtle papers in this collection to use as a background for the lovely sentiment and blooms from  You've Got Flowers. You can find more inspiration using that set HERE.


In keeping with the holiday theme of the Winter Blessings Sentiments stamp set and Woodsy Patterned Paper, I chose a bold and festive colour combination of Party Dress, Rockin' Red, Peppermint Scrub and Bay Breeze. After stamping the flowers and leaves, I create a mock arrangement on a 4" x 5.5" panel and set them aside while I prepared the patterned paper background. 


I trimmed a 3.75" x 5.5" panel of woodgrain paper and used one of the Morning Joe Border Dies to create stitching down the left side. Then I cut a strip of graph paper on an angle for visual interest. I heat embossed the sentiment using one layer each of WOW white embossing powder, halo embossing glitter and clear gloss embossing powder.


After attaching the patterned paper pieces to the card base, I used glue dots to attach the flowers to the card. I felt there were some spaces that needed to be filled so I used the tiny leaf die to create plaid Tranquil-coloured leaves, which I attached with liquid glue.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies