Thursday, January 5, 2023

REEL | Spellbinders | January 2023 Glimmer Hot Foil Kit + 3D Embossing Folder Club

It's time to share the Spellbinders January 2023 Clubs and this post combines both the Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month ("Flower Delivery") and 3D Embossing Folder Club ("Floral Archway)! Flower Delivery includes the cutest little car, a bouquet of flowers and a tiny tag with your choice of three sentiments. Floral Archway is the most beautiful embossing folder you've ever seen and I've used different parts of it for each of my three cards for different looks.

When I first saw this month's Glimmer Hot Foil Kit ("Flower Delivery"), I wasn't sure what I would do with the car because it's of a significant size but since I love making clean and simple cards, there was no question that it was going to be the star of my designs. 

I was happy to have the Sparkle Red Hot Foil from the Christmas Sparkle Variety Pack because it looks incredible when heat foiled and it makes the car extra special! I started by choosing some bright colours typically used for Valentine's cards. I have a lot of winter birthday cards to make and these colours would definitely brighten up anyone's day in the dreary months.

I heat foiled the car on Spellbinders cardstock in Pink Sand, Dahlia and Pomegranate using Sparkle Red Hot Foil and die cut them using the coordinating outline and window inserts. Then I heat foiled the bouquet of flowers using Satin Rose Gold Hot Foil on the same three colours of cardstock. I originally heat foiled the tags similarly but switched it up after I started assembling the cards. More on that later.

Next, I chose special sentiments for each of the cards. On the white linen card, I used a sentiment from Mini Christmas Sentiment Strips, heat foiling it with Sparkle Red Hot Foil. I thought this would make a fantastic Chinese New Year card. The Year of the Rabbit begins on January 22nd (yes, it's early this year).

On the Waterfall card, I heat foiled a combination of two sentiments from Just Wanted to Say with an extra from Mini Sincere Sentiments using Espresso Bean Hot Foil. On the Dark Chocolate card, I heat foiled a sentiment from Sentiments for Everyday using Satin Rose Gold Hot Foil.

Once the sentiments were heat foiled directly onto the panels, I was able to partially emboss around those sentiments using this month's 3D Embossing Folder ("Floral Archway). The large size of these folders and all the details make it easy to move your card panels around within it and come up with different looks, just as I did on these three cards. You will never tire of using these stunning embossing folders!

To see these sparkly cards in motion, please visit THIS reel on my Instagram feed. 

Here's a list of kits I share each month and some of the value kits:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: