Monday, January 2, 2023

Spellbinders | Two Cards feat. the Sealed by Spellbinders: Wax Seal Collection


Happy New Year, crafty friends! I hope that 2023 will be a great year for you all personally and professionally. For me, 2022 should've been a much better year but I no longer have expectations for this year and I hope that will save me from disappointment and heartbreak.


I took the last nine months off from creating with the Spellbinders Monthly Clubs and I'm excited about getting back into it. I'm warming up with these two cards made with the Sealed by Spellbinders: Wax Seal Collection and I'm showing the versatility of these products by not using them with the wax seal products.


On both of these cards, I'm featuring the Sealed Glimmer Sentiments, Sealed Berry Sprig and Sealed Confetti from this particular collection. The colour palette I chose includes Pale Rose, Palm, Cornflower and Lavender cardstock.


To create the first card, I trimmed an A2 panel of Cornflower cardstock and heat foiled two of Sealed Glimmer Sentiments with Matte Gold Hot Foil. Then I die but the pieces of the Sealed Berry Sprig from Pale RosePalmCornflower and Lavender cardstock, assembling the berries by reversing both the Pale Rose and Lavender layers on the two sprigs.


I ran a second piece of Cornflower cardstock through the die cutting machine with the Striped Slimline Embossing Folder, cutting the section in half and glueing it on the top and bottom of the card before adhering the sprigs and Sealed Confetti, which I die cut from Mirror Gold cardstock.


For the second design, I heat foiled one Sealed Glimmer Sentiment with Matte Gold Hot Foil on white linen cardstock. I love the satisfaction I get from being able to heat foil so perfectly on textured cardstock! For these sprigs, I cut a second shadow layer from Mirror Gold cardstock and glued it behind the Palm layer.


To create the frame around this card, I heat foiled the Woodgrain Background Hot Foil Plate with Matte Gold Hot Foil on Cornflower cardstock and used the Precision Layering A2 A Dies to cut out the centre.


I hope you like both of these ideas and the designs I used. My son was particularly fond of the striped texture on the first card so that made me really happy! The Sealed Berry Sprig is so easy to assemble, I could see myself making a lot of these cards for different occasions, made possible with the Sealed Glimmer Sentiments.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: