Monday, January 30, 2023

Spellbinders | More Chinese New Year Card Inspiration


I'm back with more cardmaking inspiration for Chinese/Lunar New Year and this time I'm using a mix of products from Spellbinders, including the Floating Bunny which is part of the current Clearance Sale! I'm quite sad that this adorable bunny may no longer be available soon but there's another version available in the Open House Spring set.


I made two variations of the same card, swapping out the embossing folder and the order of the matte gold foil and gold glitter numbers. The large numbers are from a retired set, Birthday Wishes for Everyone, which is still one of my favourite sets ever because it's so versatile. I've linked to an alternate set, Be Bold Lowercase Alphabet and Numbers, but the numbers are considerably smaller.


I cut a panel from Pomegranate cardstock and heat foiled the New Year sentiment from Mini Christmas Sentiment Strips using Speckled Aura Hot Foil before partially embossing the panel with the Optical Arches Embossing Folder and I love how this background works for so many occasions. 


The second card features the Geo Screen Embossing Folder. I made two sets of 2023 numbers, one with the gold glitter cardstock on top and the other with the matte gold foil on top. Then I mixed the numbers for each of the cards.


I had to add the little oranges, tangerines or clementines from Delicious Decorations because they're commonly given as gifts for Chinese New Year. They're believed to bring good luck and happiness since the Chinese words for orange and tangerine resemble the words for luck and wealth. I literally squealed when I thought of the idea and again when they fit into the bunny's paws!


To create even more texture and dimension, I popped all of the numbers up on foam squares. To make it easy to add the Pink Sand nose and Onyx eyes to the bunny's face, I used a 1/4" hole punch to add tiny pieces of coloured cardstock behind the die cut head.


I just love all of the details on these cards and hope to make a few more before Chinese New Year ends with the Lantern Festival on February 5, 2023. I hope you're inspired to give these a try and I hope you'll tag me on social media!

Be sure to grab the Floating Bunny before it's gone! There are so many other fabulous products that are part of the Clearance Sale and I hope you'll check it out by clicking on the image below.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: