Tuesday, January 24, 2023

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Fresh Floral Cards feat. Garden Variety Dies

Today's Second Chance Release from Taylored Expressions includes past monthly freebies and products that were exclusive to fall's Stamp Joy events! The products I'm featuring in my latest video feature the latter and include the Garden Variety Dies, Garden Variety Bouquet BuilderAntique Pails Dies and Rustic Pail Die. All of these products are sold together in the Garden Variety Bundle and includes a drip drop freebie from January 24-29, 2023.

It takes me a long time to get floral arrangements just right so I cut out all the dies from white cardstock first and played with them behind-the-scenes. Once I knew how I wanted the arrangements to look, I knew how many colours I needed and chose accordingly. Colours included in these projects include: Mint Julep, Granny Smith and Cilantro for the leaves and foliage; and Salt Water Taffy, Spearmint, Lavender Glaze and Eggplant for the flowers.

My first A2 card features the Garden Variety Dies and Rustic Pail Die on a Sugar Cube card base with a silver foil mat cut with the Petite Scallop Rectangle Stacklets, and a Spearmint mat cut with the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets.

After assembling the floral arrangement with a combination of tape and liquid glue, I pop it on to the Spearmint panel with foam tape and add a few Matte Silver Enamel Dots, also new to the shop!

I pulled a few sentiments from my Simple Storage for Simple Strips, which came in handy for these projects. This particular sentiment from Mini Strips - You're the Best was white heat embossed on Black Licorice cardstock and die cut using the Mini Strips - Asymmetrical Die.


My second card is in a mini slim size and features a Mint Julep card base with details created with two of the Diagonal Stitch Mini Slim Stacklets. The two thin frames in Sugar Cube and Spearmint were cut from the  Mini Slim Thin Frame Cutting Plate.


The combination of the large bouquet created with the Garden Variety Dies and the tall Antique Pails Die lends itself nicely to a mini slim card size. Once again, I added Matte Silver Enamel Dots to the centres of the flowers, leaving the bottom flower empty since an odd number always looks best and the pail balances out the large cluster of silver dots above.

This particular sentiment is from the Mini Strips - Easter was white heat embossed on Black Licorice cardstock and die cut using the Mini Strips - Asymmetrical Die. I made sure to feature all seven of the colours, aside from Sugar Cube and Black Licorice, on each card, ensuring a balance and to create the perfect set should I choose to gift these as such.


My third and final card for today's video is another A2 design. It features a Spearmint card base, a Mint Julep frame cut from the Frame in Frame 2 Cutting Plate, and a Sugar Cube insert detailed with the Diamonds Piercing Plate.


I absolutely adore the shape of this Antique Pail because it allowed me to come up with a creative floral arrangement. I just love the way these Garden Variety Dies sit in there so nicely. It was also satisfying to find the perfect placement for the Matte Silver Enamel Dots.

Again, this sentiment is from the Mini Strips - You're the Best and white heat embossed on Black Licorice cardstock, then die cut using the Mini Strips - Asymmetrical Die. Who wouldn't love a card with this sentiment? ;)

Be sure to check out the Second Chances Release HERE. Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

No comments: