Monday, January 20, 2020

VIDEO | Chinese New Year Card feat. Evelin T Designs


I'm on the Evelin T Designs blog with this Chinese New Year card and video tutorial. I love making Chinese New Year cards every year, especially if I have the appropriate animal stamps for that zodiac year. As it turns out, this Saturday, January 25, 2020 is the start of the Rat Year and I'm a rat! My husband and son are also rats so this is a big year for us.



I used three stamp sets, including Good Tidings To You (also available at EH | SSS), All Hallow's Cuteness (also available at EH | SSS) and All Is Calm (also available at EH | SSS). The two mice are from Good Tidings To You, the mushrooms are from All Hallow's Cuteness and the sentiment is from All Is Calm.


I stamped the images on to a watercolour panel. I also created masks for them so I could sponge the background before watercoloring the images with distress inks. After all the colouring was done and the panel dried, I heat embossed the sentiment with gold tinsel embossing powder.


To finish, I embellished the card with a strip of patterned paper, a strip of gold glitter cardstock and gold star sequins. I hope you enjoyed this out-of-the-box project using Christmas and Halloween stamps to create a Chinese New Year card!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Such a fun card with traditional colours Emily. It's always good when you can mix different stamp sets to create something that the designer never thought of!

Lindsey said...

This is adorable! Rats are so much nicer when they're cute and are carrying presents. :D

Roshan Jha said...

Thanks for one marvelous posting! I enjoyed reading it; you are a great author. You can also check our blog : new year greeting cards