Sunday, July 19, 2020

VIDEO | Simon Hurley create. | Dry Embossing with Stencils to Add Dimension




I have a fun technique video to share with you today! I've always either ink blended with a stencil or dry embossed with a stencil but not both together! I almost never remember to dry emboss with a stencil even though I love the results but now that I've discovered that doing both together makes such an impact, maybe I'll remember. LOL


I used the brand new Snazzy Snowmen stamp set on all three of these cards, swapping out a different snowman for each card. This first card features the brand new Sweater Weather stencil. It's a stunning and innovative stencil because you can use it as is or you can layer it to create beautiful snowflakes.


I dry embossed the stencil first, then matched the embossing with the opposite stencil shape -- big with small and small with big to complete the shape. Doesn't it look amazing? I just love it! The two colours I featured here are the brand new Midnight Snack and Remember Me.


I rock 'n' rolled the snowman's plaid scarf (so cute!) and punched out buttons stamped to match the scarf and background. I heat embossed the sentiment in white, attached the snowman to the ink blended tag and added a white hemp cord bow.


This second card features the Bubble Wrap stencil. It was dry embossed and ink blended with Piggyback and Woof! All of the images were watercolored with coordinating reinkers, fussy cut and assembled.


The Christmas lights were popped up with foam tape in the centre and adhered flat to the snowman's hands. The sentiment was stamped on the raised edges of the dry embossed stencil so there are slight breaks in the letters. I just love the simplicity of this card!


My last card features the Pow! stencil and I masked the bird into the melted snowman. I just love the look on that bird's face! He looks stunned and a little confused as to what happened to his perch. LOL


The two ink colours featured on this card are Minty Fresh and Tropical Tango. Once again, I heat embossed the sentiment in white and added a silver glitter strip to provide an interesting contrast between the image anchor and the dry embossed and stencilled background.


I hope you enjoyed today's inspiration! I'd love to know if you give this technique a try. Please join the Stamping with Simon Hurley create. Facebook Group and tag me in your posts!


Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies:

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I wonder if we'll be able to have a playdate together before Christmas? Of course, the smart thing to do is just BUY THIS SET. :D Beautiful cards that make me want the stamps, and the stencils, and the inks...

unknown said...

Good post

unknown said...

Wow, that snowman is so cute..I really like this card. Thanks for sharing and this is good for gifting. We offers embossing dies and metal stamps. Contact us for more details.