Monday, September 21, 2020

Studio Katia | Lunchbox Notecards with the Slider Tag Die


My son had a very successful first week at school and I hope for more of the same this week. It's been a long time since I made him lunchbox notecards an I think it's a great time to surprise him again. I wanted to make something cute, of course, yet different so the Slider Tag Die made its maiden voyage through my craft room. 


Those of you who've been following me for a while know that my son loves to play Minecraft and has dressed his player as a Creeper ever since he first started playing. He even dressed as a Creeper for Halloween three years ago. Since there are no Minecraft emojis, we use the cactus emoji to represent the Creeper. Hence, the use of the Cactus Hugs stamp set for these little notecards.


The coloured images, top layer and pull tab were all die cut from watercolour cardstock and the back was die cut from kraft cardstock. All of the images and sentiment, from Potted Plants, were heat embossed. I used distress inks to watercolour the images and ink blend both the top layers and pull tabs. I misted the top layers with shimmer spritz, attached the images with foam tape and added coordinating hemp cord to finish.


Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Supplies:


4 comments:

cm said...

Emily, these are adorable! I need to make another stash of lunchbox notes for my SIL to give to my niece and nephew, so your tags here are both inspiring and timely! My nephew plays Minecraft; good to know the cactus images are a good 'stand in' for Creeper! Thanks for the smiles!
~carol

Lindsey said...

I hope D liked these as much as I do! Such fun interactive tags.

Lynn said...

These tags are just adorable and well crafted. I love that you make lunchbox tags for your son. He's a lucky kid. My sons ate cafeteria lunches so I never packed lunches...but they never complained. LOL! Does that reflect on my cooking?

Purple Princess said...

so cute