Monday, October 5, 2020

Studio Katia | A Cup of Thanks


I'm on the Studio Katia blog today with a card featuring one of my all-time favourite floral images. Everything's better with a teacup, right? The featured image is from A Cup of Thanks


I stamped the image on watercolour cardstock and heat embossed it with sparkle embossing powder. Then I watercoloured it with distress inks and die cut it with the coordinating A Cup of Thanks Dies. I set the image aside and used the Stitched Borders Dies to create an anchor on a panel which I smooshed with coordinating inks to create a muted background. 


I used my Tool 'N One to randomly remove some of the die cut circles from the border. Then I die cut the Mini Thank You Die from graphite foil and adhered both die cuts to fun foam for dimension.


I ink blended the edges of the card base with Old Paper distress ink to coordinate with the leaves and adhered all the layers to the card base. To embellish the card, I stacked three types of sequins - Iridescent Bubbles - Tiny, Majestic Confetti and Magic Mint Fusion - using liquid glue and an embellishment wand.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Gab said...

This is so pretty ... I actually bought this set thanks to you! from your Canada Day video!

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! A clean design, but with so much interesting detail. Beautiful watercolouring, too.