Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Studio Katia | Happy Pawlidays


If there's one thing I learned from making this card, it's that colouring a big image like this can restore my mojo! This super adorable image from the Happy Pawlidays stamp set is the design and makes for a quick and easy card. I love all of the cute little details and the kitty licking a candy cane makes me laugh!


I started by die cutting a panel from Dotted Patterns Set 3, then stamping and heat embossing the image with super fine clear embossing powder. I created my custom sentiment using two of the words included in the Happy Pawlidays stamp set, curving it to wrap around the pile of cats and dogs. Then I used mini distress inks to watercolour the entire image and you can find all of the colours in the supply links below. 


After the image dried, I ink blended the edges with weathered wood distress ink to warm up the card. To finish, I ink blended the card base with peeled paint distress ink, stencilled Snow-Fetti on top with white pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. It's a nice subtle way to create a frame, leaving the main image to shine.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

3 comments:

cm said...

Absolutely adorable, Emily! Yes, these critters are supremely cute and the little details add to the sweetness! I love the bottom right puppy with the bone and ornaments. Darling! Oh, and the cat right behind him, making his cat-itude quite clear! I have this set; time to get it inky! Thank you for sharing the ink colours you used. I'm not one for watercolour (epic fails, always) but...gotta keep trying! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
hugs~carol

Lindsey said...

Love this card! Great colouring, and great choice for the card base, too. Maybe I'll ink mine up and see if it brings back my wandering mojo...

Purple Princess said...

adorable