Friday, October 23, 2020

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Cozy Cards for Autumn and Thanksgiving featuring NEW Stencils


Hello, friends! I hope the fall weather is nice where you are. It's been quite cool here but we've had big swings in temperature with a lot of rain so I wanted to make some uplifting cards for the season and U.S. Thanksgiving! These cards feature three of the 12 new stencils from Taylored Expressions' latest release. My video also shows you the beautiful new pastel blender brushes and tool tray. I hope you enjoy it!


I apologize in advance for the photo-heavy post but with three cards, I can't help but share how beautiful these stencils are! My first card features the A New Leaf Stencil with the On the Block Happy and Building Blocks Happy Additions stamp sets and coordinating dies.


Using my blender brushes, I used three of greens and blues on each leaf and alternated the greens and blues between rows. You can find the six ink colours in the supply list below.


I heat embossed the sentiment on coloured cardstock which makes it super sparkly and ups the wow factor of the card. I kept the overall design very simple to let the stencil take centre stage.


My second card features the Falling Happy Stencil with the Simply Smitten and Building Blocks Happy Additions stamp sets. I just love how the words on this stencil appear to be twinkling like lights and fade away.


I coloured the sweet bear and his pumpkins with Copic markers. The sentiment strip is a supplement to the stencil so it reads 'Happy Happy Happy Thanksgiving'. All of the elements are popped up with sticky circles and sticky strips.


Canadian Thanksgiving is over but I'm looking forward to sending cards to my friends and family in the U.S. next month.


This last card might be my favourite but you'll have to let me know! It features the Play the Angle Stencil which is something I tend to do with backgrounds and embossing paste anyway so I definitely had to have it. I added the hanging vines from Simply Smitten and a secondary sentiment from Building Blocks Happy Additions to complete this card. 


Using the Rectangle Masking Stencil over the Play the Angle Stencil, I was able to create a white border on the panel. I used the same three green inks to create an ombre effect, then added matte texture paste over top for dimension.


You still have time to earn six free stencil strips with every $100+ purchase at the Taylored Expressions store during the month of October.


Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Such beautiful cards, Emily!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful stencil work! A fab trio of cards.