Sunday, October 18, 2020

VIDEO | Simon Hurley create. | Trick or Treat Halloween Card

Today, I'm sharing a cute Halloween card made with products from Simon Hurley create. I used Artie dressed as a mummy and the Unikitty from the Trick or Treat Stamp Set, as well as the Ghosted Stencil.


I created the ombre background using Minty Fresh, Remember Me and Midnight Snack ink pads on Simon Hurley create. stark white cardstock. I just love these three colours together and they blend so well into one another!


I stamped, heat embossed and watercolored Artie and Unikitty with Simon Hurley create. reinkers in a Tim Holtz ink palette. All of the colours I used are listed in the supply links below. I added a vellum layer so the images would stand out against the relatively busy background. I restamped Unikitty on the vellum panel since I cut off her whiskers while fussy cutting. 


All of the heat embossing was done with WOW! embossing powders. To finish, I die cut a thin frame from graphite foil cardstock using A2 rectangle dies. This frames the scene nicely against the busy background while still allowing every element to shine.


Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies:

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Artie and Unikitty make a fun pairing! Absolutely love the background.