Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Spellbinders | June 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month

Today's inspiration for Spellbinders combines the June 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month and the stunning Large Die of the Month (shared previously HERE). This month's Clear Stamp of the Month also works beautifully with the Small Die of the Month (shared previously HERE). Most monthly kits work well together and you can find a list of all the value kits HERE.

I started by choosing my colours for this full-sized slimline card and I can't seem to get enough of turquoises and oranges lately so I decided to do another take on these colours but adding teal, yellow and black. I used the largest die from the June 2021 Large Die of the Month and cut two sets of stripes from Audrey Blue and Peacock Teal cardstock.

I cut a piece of printer paper and adhered the stripes in a pattern using a tape runner. Once the pattern was complete, I trimmed it down to coordinate with the white linen card base. Next, I die cut die cut four swirls, two each from gold brushed metal and gold glitter cardstock. I adhered those down the centre of the card using liquid glue.

I stamped two of the images from the June 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month and carefully coloured them with Copic markers. I used black pigment ink because it's the best ink for fine lines but it's also very dark. It's not the right ink for Copic colouring so I waited for it to dry and then very carefully coloured the images, avoiding the edges as much as possible.

Then I used the solid circle die from the June 2021 Large Die of the Month to cut the images and five black circles. I stamped two of the day-and-night image since I wanted to feature each of the halves with the line down the middle and didn't want one of the images to lose the black line. By stamping two of them, I was able to preserve the black line for each of the images.

Next, I used the half-circles die to cut little rainbows from Burnt Orange, Orange Peel and Sunshine cardstock. I had to cut four sets of each colour to create the pattern shown. Once the rainbows were glued on to their black bases, I attached the images and popped them into their respective gold loops with foam tape.

Tomorrow is the last day to subscribe for this particular kit! I often get asked, 'Which kit should I get?' My favourite is definitely the Large Die of the Month because it's always so unique and versatile. Even when the dies are sized for a certain card size - full-sized slimline in this case - you can still create other card sizes (i.e. A2, square or mini slimline) with them. Here's a list of kits I share each month and some of the value kits:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: