Thursday, July 8, 2021

Penguin Palace | Canada Day Video Hop Sponsor

I'm back with another spotlight post for Penguin Palace, another one of the Canada Day Video Hop sponsors! I had previously posted a video using Penguin Palace products for one of my Two Many Cards Video Series episodes and you can watch that HERE or by using the embedded video link below.


Since then, I've acquired a few more sets, including Summer Sunshine and Fun Adventure. I combined them here with a couple of leftovers from Rabbit Cafe. I bought Summer Sunshine just for the adorable sunbathing cat and I figured now's as good a time as any to use it! LOL


Most of the images on this card are from Summer Sunshine, the mountains are from Fun Adventure, and the rabbit and takeout cup are from Rabbit Cafe. They were all stamped with Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink and clear embossed, then watercoloured with distress inks.


I set the images aside to dry while I die cut and ink blended the slimline background using some of the same colours I used to watercolour the images. The slimline dies I used are from Trinity Stamps, however I've linked to alternates that you can use to achieve the same results and you can get 20% off those alternates at Scrap 'n Stamp using the code below.


After die cutting the water, foam, sand and sky panels, I added colour to them with ink blending tools. Then I spritzed the bottom three panels with water. I added shimmer to the water and splatter to the sand for visual interest and texture. To finish, I added the background to a scalloped gold glitter mat and popped it on to a pale rose card base.

If you'd like to see more Penguin Palace in action, you can watch me create two cards with Rabbit Cafe as part of my Two Many Cards Video Series by clicking on the embedded video image below.

The following discounts are still available and if you enjoyed seeing these products used, our Canada Day Video Hop sponsors would love your support:

20% off using code CDAY20OFF
Valid from 30 Jun 9:00pm to 11 July 11:59pm PDT

20% off with Canada20

Visit the original Canada Day Video Hop post and my follow-up post for more inspiration and leave comments to win:

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

3 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

What a cute scene! The bunny and kitties are just adorable! Love the fun details and your pretty coloring!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Such a darling scene! I LOVE the layers of the dies to frame it!

Cindy C. said...

Super cute scene!!