Thursday, June 9, 2022

Catherine Pooler | Quint-Essentials Collection | Clean and Simple Cardmaking Inspiration


Today, I have more inspiration using Catherine Pooler's Quint-Essentials Collection which is now available for purchase. On this card, I'm featuring the Because Flowers Patterned Paper and Hey Word Dies.


To create the background, I used the Circle Landscape Die on three sheets of Because Flowers Patterned Paper and glued the pieces to a smaller circle but from the Round About Dies. I attached the finished piece to a vellum circle cut with the largest of the Round About Dies.


To create the sentiment, I cut the Hey Word Dies from premium white cardstock, vellum and gold glitter cardstock. I cut one vellum layer and one premium cardstock layer using the backer die. Then I cut one gold glitter layer and three premium cardstock layers using the thin scripted die. I used liquid glue to secure all six layers in the following order: gold glitter script, premium white script, vellum backer, premium white script, premium white script and premium white backer. This creates the perfect amount of dimension and support between the layers without having to use foam tape.


To add a bit more detail to the card base, I scored two lines on the folding edge of the card. It's rare that I make a card without any stamping but this sentiment and the pretty papers make a great hello/friendship card. I hope you enjoyed all of my inspiration for the Quint-Essentials Collection and NEW Apothecary Inks.


If you missed my other four posts for this new release, you can find them here:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources

No comments: