Thursday, June 9, 2022

Ellen Hutson | Essentials by Ellen June 10th Release | Reveal Week - Day 4


It's an exciting week with a new Essentials by Ellen Release available this Friday, June 10th! Today is Day 4 of Reveal Week and we're sneak peeking the last set - Oval Hoops Dies. If I said that another product was my favourite prior to today, then I may have lied. LOL In all seriousness though, this is such a great release and there's so much to love!


I'm sharing a pair of cards using the Oval Hoops Dies with other release products. This first card also features images from One in a Buzz-illion and a sentiment from the Positive Vibes stamp set die cut with the Sentiment Strips Die.


There are three hoop sizes in this set, with proportionately-sized screws and backers, which makes it super easy to layer. This card features two of the small hoops and one medium hoop. I stamped the images (top to bottom) on Candy Corn, Sorbet and Papaya cardstock, then die cut them using the backer dies.


I cut two layers of hoops, once from heavyweight white cardstock and a second from wood veneer, glueing them together. I just love how realistic the wood looks! The screws were die cut from silver foil cardstock. After assembling the hoops, I set them aside.


On the card base, I created A2 panels from Candy Hearts and Ballet Slipper cardstock, then cut the pieces diagonally and attached one half of each to the card base. I added texture to the heavyweight white cardstock panel using the A2 Piercing Plate 2. The sentiment from Positive Vibes was white heat embossed on Pitch Black cardstock and die cut using the Sentiment Strips Die. All of the pieces were popped on to the card with foam tape.


My second card is super clean and simple and it features the largest of the three hoop dies. I love the size of this hoop because it offers more possibilities, which is why I chose to feature a portion of the Abstract Mountain Die inside. I wanted to fit as many colours as possible inside the hoop, so I choose the bottom-left section of the die and flipped it 180 degrees.


The colours featured (top to bottom and left to right) are Gold Coins, Grapefruit, Ballet Slipper, Candy Hearts and Sorbet. After I taped all those pieces together and die cut the section using the large hoop backer die, I added texture using the A2 Piercing Plate 2.


As mentioned in the description for my first card above, I cut two layers of hoops, once from heavyweight white cardstock and a second from wood veneer, glueing them together. The screws were die cut from silver foil cardstock

I also added the needle and thread from the Thread Friends Die Set. I stacked two additional layers of the needle to provide support since it sits on the edge of the wood veneer hoop. I created the card base from white linen cardstock, cut a panel of light grey cardstock and stamped the sentiment from the Old Spool Stamp Set in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink, then popped on the embroidery hoop with foam tape.

If you missed my other three posts for this new release, you can find them here:


Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you again tomorrow for the Release Day Instagram Hop with giveaways!

Sources

No comments: