Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Spellbinders | February 2023 Glimmer Hot Foil Kit

This month's Glimmer Hot Foil Kit - Tulip Border is so pretty and perfect for spring! I can't remember the last time I used my Copic markers but I'm glad that this kit allowed me to do some quick colouring. I made two cards using the same colours but in very different ways.

This first card features the Glimmer Hot Foil Kit - Tulip Border in the most traditional sense. I heat foiled the tulips using Matte Gold Hot Foil on Neenah heavyweight cardstock. Then I used Copic markers (all colours are listed below) to quickly colour them.

After cutting both the blue and tulip panel with the third-largest die from the Precision Layering A2 Etched Dies, I heat foiled the sentiment using Matte Gold Hot Foil. Then I used this month's 3D Embossing Folder - Spring Burst to partially emboss the panel.

I find the way the blue panel was partially embossed, it looks a bit like rain clouds but that just adds to the spring showers ideology. I love the added texture which compliments the tulips. To finish, I attached both panels to a green card base.

My second card uses the same colours but with colour blocking. It's true, I will avoid colouring whenever possible so this is my kind of card! I basically cut strips of cardstock and taped them together before heat foiling the tulips with Matte Gold Hot Foil.

Similar to the first card, I used the Precision Layering A2 Etched Dies to cut the white linen and tulip panels. After heat foiling the other sentiment from this set on the white linen panel, I glued them to a blue card base.


I never get tired of heat foiling and I love looking at the shine! Using a different hot foil colour would provide a completely different look to these beautiful tulips and I can't wait to experiment more with this month's beautiful Tulip Border.

Be sure to check out the Hot Foil Plates that are part of the ongoing Clearance Sale. Some of my favourites include the Glimmering Autumn Woods (samples HERE, HERE and HERE) and the Glimmering Build a Banner (samples HERE and HERE). Find these and more HERE or by clicking on the image below.

Here's a list of kits I share each month and some of the value kits:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: