Saturday, June 19, 2021

Ellen Hutson | A Breve Note

Today, I'm mixing old favourites from the Essentials by Ellen collection, A Breve Note and Stripe Background with products from the June 2021 Release, Essential Arches and A2 Piercing Plate.


I created this card first by stamping the cups and their steam using Memento Tuxedo Black ink so I could colour them with Copic markers. You can find all those colours in the supply links below. Then I set those images aside while I create the background. I die cut the second largest of the Essential Arches, two times from Neenah heavyweight cardstock and once from Sizzix Opulent Surfacez Silver Glitter cardstock. I used liquid glue to stack the arched silver frames on two layers of white.


Next, I stamp the Stripe Background on the bottom of the arches panel using Catherine Pooler inks in Melon IceLemongrass and Green Tea. I used a sponge dauber to soften the transitions between ink colours to create an ombre effect. Then I used masking paper to cover the stripes and used a blending brush and Sweet Sixteen ink to blend a subtle lavender glow.


I stamped the sentiment using Catherine Pooler inks in Midnight, Black Jack and Twilight, again using a  sponge dauber to create a smooth ombre effect. To finish, I die cut a panel of Bazzill Candy Necklace cardstock using the A2 Piercing Plate to give it texture. I secured both parts of the Essential Arches with liquid glue, popped up the cups and steam with foam tape, and embellished the card with a few sparkling clear stars.

I hope you enjoyed today's inspiration. If you missed our June 2021 Release or simply want to revisit the products and inspiration, you can shop by clicking the banner or supply links below!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing your crafty methods and supplies. Love your color choices and layout.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great card design and I like that sentiment too!

Julie Ebersole said...

Good golly, I adore these!!!