Monday, May 11, 2020

Club Sursee by Catherine Pooler Designs | April 2020 | Part 2 of 2


As promised in my first post HERE, I'm back with more inspiration for the April 2020 Club Sursee collection! Using pretty much the same images, in the same colours and the same layout, I made three different cards. The best thing about making cards this way is that they look so great together and they make a beautiful gift set in a pinch.


I used the Fun Forest stamp set and coordinating dies for all three cards. This first card features monochromatic trees. I stamped them in Polished, Tiara, Garden Party and Mint To Be, then I sponged over them using the same colours, giving the trees an ombre look.


I stamped the happy birthday sentiment repeatedly down the side in colours to coordinate with the trees, popped the trees up with foam tape and added a simple frame, which was adhered flat to the card base.


I turned my second card into a shaker by stamping the same trees in black on both the panel and the card base. When I die cut the trees from the top panel, it created one big void and shows the ink blended trees through the acetate. The four ink colours blend so beautifully into one another.


I stamped the sentiment before adhering the acetate panel and forming foam tape walls to house the iridescent mini heart sequins. It's addictive to shake this pretty card and I want to make more of them!


This third card was created by stamping the trees in Midnight and using the corresponding solid shapes to stamp the colours. These trees are bolder and more striking than the ones on the first card, which are much softer in comparison.


I used a single sentiment to stamp the grass along the bottom, creating the ground or anchor for the trees. I staggered the sentiment to give it a fun and carefree look.

I hope you enjoyed my inspiration for the April 2020 Club Sursee subscription! Subscribe now to get the May 2020 collection. The Basic Subscription will get you stamp sets. If you want coordinating and stand-alone dies, they will be included with the Deluxe Subscription.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Another beautiful tree trio of cards! I love the multiple stamped sentiment that forms a ground for the trees. But I also love all three cards!

Purple Princess said...

very pretty cards!

Debbie said...

Hi, How did you make the shaker card? How can you die cut the trees so close together on the top panel and how do you line them up,to,stamped trees on card panel? Thank you.